Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Camp Wildcat re-enactment and Camping

Every October they have a Camp Wildcat re-enactment from the Civil War here in our town. We've been a few times, but I've noticed the older my boys get the more they love it. 
I mean they are boys. What's not to love about guns and horses and all that good stuff?!?!

We stopped for a group picture as soon as we got there. 
It was colder than I had anticipated, but luckily the kids had hoodies. 

Me, Titus, and Amelia grabbed a few seats to watch the action while Maynard and Josiah walked around checking things out. Titus didn't want to miss a minute of anything so we didn't get to look around. 

This boy was in pure Heaven, even if it was a little loud. He kept asking me a gazillion questions about the Civil War and I didn't know all the answers. Unfortunately, my internet didn't work way out there and I couldn't look everything up. Finally, I had to tell him to wait for daddy and he would answer his questions. 
Amelia couldn't comprehend war being anything other than a bible story. She wanted to know why the devil team was shooting the Jesus team. When the re-enactment was over, she was happy because she said the Jesus team won. Ha ha

I on the other hand was cracking up because I heard a young woman behind me tell her boyfriend/husband to take a picture of "our side". He asked her which side and she said, "Duh!!  The Americans."

Maybe I couldn't answer all of Titus' questions, but I at least knew that they were all Americans. 

I believe this soldier was a little hesitant in handing over his weapons to Titus. 



We left and headed down some country roads to visit a cemetery where Maynard's grandmother is buried. I couldn't help, but take a selfie with the beautiful scenery behind me. Sorry my face ruined the picture. Ha ha

We found out that we had some family coming to go camping at Levi Jackson so of course we wanted to tag a long. It was too cold to stay in tents and they had campers so we just decided we would hang around until bedtime. 
Thursday as soon as we got there they were having craft time so the kids all got to make a bat craft. 

Then they got to play awhile while the campers were getting set up and we went and got pizza. Pizza while camping?  Of course!!!

We gathered by the fire and sang and talked and just really enjoyed ourselves. 

All too soon it was time to take my kids home because they had school the next day. Yep!  This mean mommy made them go to school even though their grandparents and cousins were all in town. We were so tired and wiped out by the time we got home they didn't even get baths. They were asleep before I could get them in the tub. Oh well. I reckon they smelled like campfire at school all day Friday. 

The kids were so excited at the end of their school day to get back to the campground. Mamaw had promised the boys they could sleep in their camper and they were looking forward to it. 

They played awhile and then got to go jump on inflatables. 
Only Josiah's feet are touching the slide in this picture. 



After the inflatable fun it was time for a hot dog and marshmellow roast. 



Amelia was on the lookout for bears and Indians. 

There was a hayride later that evening and a werewolf was the driver. That should have been a dead giveaway that it was going to be a haunted hayride instead of a regular hayride. Unfortunately, that didn't actually click with my family. 
Me and Mom didn't ride because it got full fast so I sent my kids with my sister and her family. 
When they got back we were told about men jumping out of the woods with chainsaws and Freddie Crougar and such. What was hilarious is my sister told me my kids wasn't even phased by it and Amelia was begging to ride again. Ha ha. Her kids were like "No thanks."

We gathered by the fire again and told stories and the kids entertained us with Knock knock jokes. Shew. Isn't it horrible after laughing over and over again at their made up jokes that don't make a lick of sense? Ha ha 

 It was getting late and cold so we were ready to head home and get in a warm bed. Titus was having a hard time obeying others and unfortunately we had to bring him back home with us. Josiah got to stay with Mamaw and Papaw. We felt bad that Titus didn't get to stay, but he brought it upon himself. 

The next morning we went by the campground again to see our family off and to have a little more playtime. 




We grabbed lunch and it was time for our family to leave. 

We will have to get another camping trip together next time with more family. Preferably in August or September. 

2 comments:

  1. We have always wanted to go see the Re-enactment, but its seems to fall on a bad date, every time. I think Benjamin would be beside himself with all the weapons and such. It may be a good thing we have not been able to go! LOL! Note- Your kids seem to be getting taller every time you post! Time goes by way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benjamin would love it!!
      , my kids are outgrowing everything. Even shoes like overnight it seems.

      Delete