Thursday, October 2, 2014

Last chance to wade in the river.

We had a work day at church Saturday cleaning and preparing for revival. We got home and I was layed out on the couch when Maynard said something about going to the river. I only opened one eye to look at him and then chose to ignore what I heard. Lol. Unfortunately, my children heard and was already in their room changing their clothes. I'm not sure why I didn't want to go. I just didn't really feel like it. 
I tried to tell them it was too cold to be playing in the river and blah blah blah. I was quickly outvoted and there was no turning back. We packed up a few things to take with us so we could roast hot dogs and marshmallows. 
Once we got there I was glad we had come after all. We had a great time. Josiah was really into catching crawdads.   I grew up thinking I had caught crawdads, but when in fact I was only catching minnows. Once seeing this:
I knew I had never picked anything up that had pinchers on it. 


The water was really shallow so I didn't constantly have to be worrying about them. They slipped and fell a few times so they were all pretty wet by the time we left. 

Roasting hot dogs and marshmellows!!

We had a great time and I can honestly say I was glad we had went after all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment