Saturday, October 11, 2014

When you sleep through your own funeral

I've went through a little spell of not feeling well. First off, I'm probably the only one who hurts their neck while cleaning a ceiling fan. Also, we started revival so that's just a perfect time as any to get sick, right?  Well, it seems that's how it happens anyway. 

My neck throbbed and hurt whenever I layed down. So Friday night I decided to sleep sitting up in the recliner. I had a rough night and didn't fall asleep until around 3:00 a.m.

Maynard had left for work and the kids were all starting to wake up around 7:30. They helped themselves to pop tarts and were playing quietly with each other so I continued to snooze. 

I was sleeping pretty good when I heard the piano stool being moved around. 

I opened my eyes and the kids were all dressed in suits and Josiah had a bible laying on the piano stool. (That's always their pulpit when playing church)
I figured they were just getting ready to start playing church. I knew they were gonna get loud (umm, yeah. We are holiness) So I grouched at them, "Go to your rooms if you want to play church. I'm sleeping, now GO!!!"

Then I looked down at my blanket and seen this:

Flowers. Made especially for me by my kids. That wasn't it. There was also a teddy bear that was holding a peice of paper that said "PARKER FAMILY". 

I suddenly realized that my children were playing funeral and I was the deceased. How rude of me to chase my funeral guests away like that. 

I was sick, not dead. I haven't decided if they were relieved that I was in fact alive or if they were a tad disappointed. 

I told them I was sorry and it was very thoughtful of them for the flowers. Of course I didn't get to keep the teddy bear because it was intended for someone in the immediate family and not the deceased. 

One thing I am definetly thankful for and that is that they have never heard of cremation. 

Can you even imagine?!?!?!?!
 

3 comments:

  1. o my! I have rolled at this! your kids are enough entertainment for all of us. I love it!

    ReplyDelete