Thursday, July 19, 2012

Techincal Difficulties

HEY ALL! IF YOU READ MY BLOG REGULARLY, CAN YOU PLEASE CLICK JOIN THIS SITE AS A MEMBER. I AM CURIOUS WHO ALL IS READING AND IF YOU HAVE A BLOG MAYBE I CAN FOLLOW YOURS. THX!


I like to pretend sometimes that I'm just one smart cookie.  I don't like to ask for help, ever!  It doesn't matter what it is.  I can be struggling with a jar of mayo and Maynard will casually walk by and say, "You need some help?"  Something just rises up in me and I say, "No, thank you, I can manage just fine."  Then about 30 mins later we have broken glass and a few blisters, but, we have an opened jar of mayo and all by myself.  So saying all that to say this, I needed tech support the other day on my computer.  I was assisting a friend who knew -0 about computers or the internet if you know what I mean.  So like a hot shot I sat down with her and took no time to impress her with my technical skills.  We kept runing into a few problems that were unfixable by me and she kept suggestting that we go ahead and call tech support and let them walk us through our troubles.  Well, I just couldn't let her do that.  I just needed more time and I knew that I would figure it out.  Not only would calling tech support hurt my pride, but they make me nervous.  I've dealt with a few in the office world and by the time I hung up with them I felt like a #1 idiot.  So she gave me about another hour to struggle through it when I heard her start dialing her phone.  AARRGGHH!!!!  Thank goodness it was a nice gentleman who had patience like old Bro. Job.  He was so nice and so helpful.  I remember my friend asking questions that made my face turn red because I was so embarassed that she was asking a question as dumb as that.  I would try to stop her before she got the question all the way out.  Sometimes I would hurry up and turn the phone off speaker phone so he wouldn't hear her talk.  Ha!  Then it was my turn to make a boo-boo and boy did my face turn red.  I am so glad that this man will never meet me and only has her information.  He was giving me a website address to type in.  He was reading it off to me as I typed it in.  He said "forward slash."  So I typed in the address and also typed "forward slash".  Well for some reason the link wasn't working.  Much later, and much to my embarrassment, did I realize I wasn't supposed to type "forwardslash", but enter this symbol (/) which is forward slash.  That is when my little tech man started laughing.  I said, "Excuse me, but you just laughed at me".  He tried to tell me he wasn't laughing, but that just made him laugh that much harder.  I hadn't laughed like that in a long time even if it was at my own expense.  So now my good friend don't think I'm so smart

anymore and our problem never was solved.  It ended up being a technical problem on their part that they had to deal with and will get back with us later.  I just thought I would share that with ya'll.  I know how some of you just get a kick out of my goofy stories about myself!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your little tech man is not the only one laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to call the tech guy the other day myself. I always hope for an English speaking one. And yes, I totally act like I am so cool with everything he is telling me to do. Like I program computers everyday for a living, too ya know. But I really do believe they tell you the problem is on their end so they can hang up and not answer when you call back.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about that. Oh well, I ended up with $70 credit on her next bill for her troubles.

      Delete
  3. you really want me to follow you again??? wouldnt that make the 3rd time..LOL

    ReplyDelete