Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So Thankful For Mrs. Franks.

I clearly know the bible says not to provoke your children unto wrath. I get it. But, it doesn't say we can't torment them a little
. Ha! So maybe that's why my kids are so bad. It's clearly me and Maynard's fault. However, I do what I have to to keep my kids in line at desparate times. Such as, the "kid" refuses to buckle up. So I immediately pull up to the police station. This has worked like a charm several times for all 3 of mine throughout the years. Oh, and what about Mr. Walmart who watches us on a camera to make sure we behave while shopping. Don't forget about the bad man who tries to come in if a kid opens the front door for strangers. Don't act innocent, ya'll. I know you have tactics with your kids. We can't whip them in public so whatever works, go for it. I would like to introduce you to a family friend of mine, Mrs. Franks. I have never met her or ever seen her, but we have talked lots of times. It all began when Josiah was a toddler. We have called on her and God's help many times. You see, Mrs. Franks doesn't really exist. My kids don't know that. It has lost its effect somewhat on Josiah and Titus as they grow older, but they are still a little unsure. It is working wonders with Amelia, Hallelujah! I have Mrs. Franks number stored in my phone. It's really the time n temp #. Ha! Anyway, I just use the voice command, "CALL MRS. FRANKS". The phone repeats it and it begins to dial. Amelia stops dead in her tracks. I have used her with all 3 of my kids and they have all been equally scared of her. One day Josiah was so bad I called Mrs. Franks up and actually called Melissa, my sister. I hinted what was going on and I put her on the phone with him. Mrs. Franks lined him out real good and he was a believer. My only downfall I've had with this is some older kids found out aboher and they ran it into the ground. They started using it on my kids and it got old for them and lost the effectiveness. I had to call up Mrs. Franks today while at the drs office. Amelia and Titus have strep, aarrgghh!yway, Amelia was out of control and wouldn't listen. So I dialed up Mrs. Franks and would you believe it? She was right out in the waiting room. Amelia couldn't be more distressed. Ha! See the above picture. It's Amelia hiding her eyes from Mrs. Franks while Titus is hollering for Mrs. Franks to come get Amelia. Ha! So let's hear it? What works for you or did work? This is normal, right? Ha!

10 comments:

  1. Jack was looking at this picture with me while I was reading the post....and well, you won't believe what he said. I'm kinda embarrassed to post it. I didn't really know he notices these things,but....he said, "Amelia has Amy's legs". Bwah hah hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must mean Amelia has mamaw Ruby legs as well!

      Delete
    2. I have no idea why he said that. It's just hilarious that something like that would come out of his mouth. I guess he has a thing for legs, giggle.

      Delete
  2. ohh I remember Mrs. Franks quite well! She is such a wonderful lady. I cant wait till she calls my kids one day! haha (hope that you would be so kind to return the favor and help me out with that when needed) So funny that several years later and she is still such a huge part of your life..LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Mrs. Franks will live forever. I wonder if my kids will use her when they have kids of their own? ha

      Delete
  3. Hahaha!!!!!!!! Well, one time in the nursery Lawsen heard some loud noises coming out of the closet. He started crying that there was a *mean man in the closet*..... Soooo, if he is misbehaving at church, I will, on occasion, remind him of that horrible noise in the closet and he will behave very quickly. He doesn't even know what sound he heard. I wonder how much longer he will think there is someone in there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember that. I believe I used that tip on Amelia once when we were there visiting.

      Delete
  4. There may or may not have been a police officer named "Roger" that followed Cameron around in his early years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid to even post my tactics on here! LOL! They are for my mind only. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete