Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Trip To The Zoo 2012

                                     
Breakfast at our nice hotel.  It was my first experience having a hot breakfast at a hotel. Yummy.

Josiah and Amelia enjoying their breakfast.

Free ride on the luggage cart.

Amelia and Rachel laying around

Everything was going so smooth at first............

Then these two buddies got puked on by Titus.


Ready for the zoo.

Our group enjoying the ride on the tram.


The best exhibit in my opinion.  I love bears.


Amelia was not afraid of anything.  She got bucked 3 times by goats and she continued to pet them.  I was scared silly.

Josiah was a little bit more apprehensive like his mommy.

Titus wasn't afraid of anything either.

I think they enjoyed washing their hands more than anything.






The carousel ride was alot of fun.


My 3 gorillas

As close to an elephant ride as they are gonna get.  Did you know it is now illegal to have elephant rides in the state of KY? Bummer!

Amelia absolutely loved the 3D show of Dora.  She squealed and clapped and was so happy.  I was glad she got to watch it.  The rest of the group went to a more scientific show.

Titus ended up getting the stomach virus, but he only puked while we were at the motel.  However, he did have the dirreah while at the zoo.  We hit every bathroom at every stop quite frequently between him and a newly potty trained child.  This trip was alot of fun and my kids enjoyed it.  I never passed out once like I did at the Saint Louis zoo.  I was watching the gorillas and an ape slapped the glass and I went straight back and passed out cold.  See, I am not an animal lover at all. lol

9 comments:

  1. I can't decide which is my favorite picture....the one of Amelia with Dora or the one of Maynard on the gorilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might make me take it down once he sees it on here. Too bad I don't know how.

      Delete
  2. I know this is almost random, but the fact that you have never had a hot breakfast at a hotel made me miss all the importantness of the rest of the blog. REALLY AMY? That actually made me sad. lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I've ever had before was cereal and donuts. This was an actual buffet with real plates and silverware. You mean this is the norm and I settled for fruit loops all this time?

      Delete
    2. We pretty much always choose a hotel that has a full breakfast (pancakes, sausage, eggs, biscuits). GOtta get your money's worth girl... he he

      Delete
  3. Okay, I wasn't gonna say anything until I read Angie's comment and I'm with her :) LOL! We love the Zoo! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip!!! (except for the puking/diarrhea part! ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. No, technically those are glasses that were not returned by Amelia after the 3D Dora show. She was under the assumption they belonged to her since they were given to her by that really nice ticket-taker uper-er. I decided I wasn't going to deal with that battle and therefore, the ugly yellow glasses. She asked me to hold them for a minute. lol

      Delete