Thursday, September 27, 2012

Field Trip To The Dairy Farm

We have met a lady at the library that takes care of a 4 yr old girl that has really bad food allergies.  Just one whiff or taste of certain kinds of food could kill her.  This woman is homeschooling this little girl because she used to be a teacher and the mother doesn't trust her daughter's life in the public school system.  This lady has befriended us and has taken to Titus somehow.  Anyhow, she has been asking me if I was interested in going on field trips with them because they didn't have anyone to do anything with.  Yes, I am nervous about allowing my kids to be around this little girl.  Leave it to Titus to hand over a peanut or a peice of candy to her and finish her off.  Somehow though, I felt like she was reaching out to me and I needed to do this so we agreed to go to a dairy farm with them.  Ya'll know how much I love animals, right?  I was scared and grossed out all at the same time.  I probably don't even want a glass of milk for awhile either.  Ha!  Titus and Amelia had a great time.  Amelia impressed me the most.  She petted those cows, hand fed them, and even bottlefed a baby calf.  I just stepped back and took pictures and kept making sure my hand santitizer was still in my pocket because oh how they were going to need it.  Farmers have come a long way.  They lined their cows up and hooked them to some kind of milker machine.  The milk ran into some kind of cotainer and then into a refrigerator tank thingee.  Then the milk is picked up by Praire Farms.  It was pretty neat to see how it all worked.

Here is another collage of their day at the dairy farm.  I may see about getting Josiah's class at school to get to take a field trip there.  Those kids would love bottle feeding these baby calves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh too cute! We've been to a couple dairy farms for field trips and the kids always love them.

    ReplyDelete