Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Josiah loves the Word Of God!

From the time Josiah was little, he always loved Bible stories. As matter of fact, besides break at school, he most looks forward to bible class. Even his teacher has told me many times that Josiah sure knows his Bible. However, he tends to be a smarty pants because he knows so much already. He is quick to correct you and also will ask you random bible questions throughout the day. He has scolded more than one person for not knowing their bible if they get an answer wrong. They must have played a bible trivia game in chapel one day at school and Josiah was so upset that they only got one turn a piece. He said he knew all the answers even the ones the high schoolers didn't know. Ha ha See what I mean about being a smarty pants? Well, I have been blessed to be his Sunday School teacher since he was 3. I have learned that kids tell lots of family secrets in the classroom, so I like to keep my kids pretty close to me. Ha ha. Titus will tell anyone anything they need to know! (or not know) I'm getting side tracked here..... I'm guessing Miss Bowman probably has the same problem with Josiah like I do in the classroom. Every Sunday when I begin our lesson he always says, "I already know this story." So one Sunday morning I said, "ok, Hot Shot. Since you know so much, next Sunday you will be the teacher and teach us the lesson. Our next lesson was supposed to be about Daniel in the lions den, so I knew he could handle it. He was shocked and asked if I really meant it. As soon as we got home, he got his Bible, notebook, and a pen. He began studying right away. I was so proud of him. I would look over his notes and was just amazed at what he had written. He was so excited and couldn't wait for that next Sunday to get here. Unfortunately, the next Sunday came and Amelia had gotten a stomache bug and was horribly sick. We stayed home from church because she was so bad. It was around 12 that Josiah asked about when it was time for church. Maynard said, we will go this evening. Josiah said, "But people are supposed to go to church twice on Sunday, remember, Dad?" Poor kid hadn't realized he already missed Sunday School. His heart was broken and his whole day was ruined. I felt sorry for him. It hurts to look forward to stuff and then it fall through, especially to a kid. Well, this past Sunday finally came and Josiah had his Bible and notebook and was ready to teach us about Daniel. He took it seriously, and booted me out of the teacher's seat. He asked questions from our last lesson and then began to teach. He even had a little craft prepared for us to work on. He thoroughly enjoyed his authority. As a matter of fact, he even gave ME a demerit! Ha ha I love teaching Sunday School. I'm not bragging at all, but I'm not very talented at a lot of things. But teaching kids in Sunday School, I get! I have a passion for it and I enjoy it. Right now I only have my 3 kids in my class because of the ages and it makes it a little less exciting, but we still have a good class. I hope and pray that the Lord will send me some more students soon. Titus has already asked if he can teach next Sunday. I'm pretty sure his teaching will turn into preaching!!

3 comments:

  1. Love love it!! I always tell people that you have a special gift for teaching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to SAVE those precious notes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!! Wonder what is in his future?? Like Dad, Like Son? Time will tell!

    ReplyDelete