Saturday, January 12, 2013

No querio la Azteca, por favor!

Please don't judge my Spanish skills in my title. It's been awhile! Lol I wanted to share our experience of taking Amelia out to eat at a Mexican restaurant the day after her birthday. We figured she would like it because this year she actually enjoyed being told happy birthday. Last year was a different story. She screamed and cried when anyone sang or told her Happy Birthday. Weird, I know, but that is really what happened. But this year was different........... Amelia enjoys mexican food. I usually share a meal with her, but it's to the point where I still leave hungry. She loves it. Maybe because I craved it while I was pregnant with her. This day was no different than any other. She was happily putting away my/her dinner. Maynard had asked them to come sing to her. I guess they caught her off guard and came from behind her, but she was not happy. They tried to put the sombrero on her and she screamed and fell straight back in my lap. They continued to sing and she continued to cry. Am I a bad mommy for laughing? I couldn't help it. Ha ha She took a few bites of her ice cream, but declared it nasty and pushed it away. My boys were happy to take it off her hands. Just thought I would share this.

3 comments:

  1. I keep waiting for your book. Lol! She looked petrified!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart! I have to say...I don't like them singing to me either! hahaha!!! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete