Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Harvesting Peanut Butter n Jelly

So, I realize that this a busy time of year for people with gardens.  Everyone is busy with putting away veggies for the winter.  This year I decided to only put up what my kids will even eat.  That would include apples and peanut butter n jelly sandwiches.  Yep, I cut, peeled, and cored apples until my fingers refused to move any longer.  I do have intentions of freezing corn too, I'm just waiting to get it here from a preacher friend that is selling it.  Ok, back to pb&j sandwiches.  My kids love the "pb&j samwiches" you find in the freezer section at walmart.  We go through them way too fast and they cost a bit much in my opinion.  Josiah has to take a snack and his lunch to school everyday so I have to keep plenty of stuff on hand for him.  Also, Titus and Amelia want snacks throughout the day and I hate telling them, "no,  that's for Josiah's lunch."  It reminds me of my mamaw n papaw hiding coke under their bed for my cousin Bj while we had to drink koolaide.  (sorry, I still have a hard time with that and just had to say it, lol).  I was given a pampered chef catalogue by a friend to look through.  I was hoping to get the PC ice-cream scooper, but they went and changed it on me and I was so upset!  Ya'll ever notice I give you way more details than you need???  Anyways, I seen the crimper thingee and thought, "pb&j sandwiches, how perfect!"  So, ya'll should know by now how I like to save a dollar and I ordered that little gadget and I'm so glad I did.  My freezer has the cutest little pb&j sandwiches you ever seen.  So now for lunch and snacks, the kids can just grab a sandwich out of the freezer.  It takes 30 mins to thaw.  While everyone else has beans, corn, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, and other veggies canned or in the freezer, we have peanut butter & jelly in our freezer.  You know, for hard times.  Happy Harvesting!

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard of frozen PB&J before but it sure seems like a wonderful idea! We love Jif at our house!!
    P.S. Everytime I buy Coke...I'll think of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never craved regular coke like I do right now. lol

      Delete
  2. Never seen this before! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it weird that the only thing I got out of ths post ( or cared about. lol )was about papaw hiding the cokes for BJ! I forgot all about that..still aggravates me..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet papaw thought BJ was going through them Cokes awful fast. You remember them starting to even hiding them in the chest wardrobe? We knew they were there somewhere. Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. The new Pampered Chef ice cream scoop is FABULOUS!! It's just as good as the old one. If you would like to order one, let me know! I'm placing an order next Friday. :)

    Great idea for freezing the pb&j sandwiches. My kids love all sandwiches made with that press!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need one of those little gadgets! Cameron loves taking his lunch and always wants to take Uncrustables. And, you are right, they are expensive. Especially when Cameron will take 2 at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you can order one from Ashley if ya want. Im pretty sure it was $10 or less.

      Delete
  6. I don't have the PC crimper...but I do have the square plastic one from Walmart that comes in two pieces. One to take the crust off and one to seal it shut. The PC one looks much cooler. A sandwich just looks better round for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that, I do love those sandwiches made by smuckers! I haven't used it in a while bc I am the only one who eats pb&j so I kinda feel foolish getting it out for me, haha! I know what I am doing for lunch today though, you never get to old to be a kid sometimes, right? I too am a #1 Jif fan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though pb makes you sicker than a dog everytime you eat it?? lol PB is a very important food staple at our house.

      Delete