Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Soapbox Sermon!!!


I am vexed.  I refuse to accept that homosexuality is okay and part of the "norm" in today's society.  I hate the fact that no matter how well you shield your children from wickedness, they are still going to be exposed to evil.  We do not have a t.v. in our home and I am so thankful for that.  I realize that there are educational and religious programs on there that help educate our children, but there's also alot of crud too.  I know this is controversial and it's not really what I even want to discuss.  I am angry that I was reading library books last night to my kids and came upon a book that shocked me.  I had started reading them a book with a picture of 3 penguins on the front cover.  It looked like a cute book.  It was called "and Tango makes three."  I got about 3-4 pages into the book when I realized what this story was actually about.  I was sitting on my couch, in my living-room reading my kids a book about two gay penquins who longed for a child of their own.  I immediately stopped reading out loud and looked through the rest of the book.  Two male penguins stayed together like the other male and female penquins did.  They hugged and were very happy and in love just as the other couples were.  Then they noticed that all the other couples were laying eggs and they wasn't able to do that. AARGH, DUH!!!  It ends up there is an orphaned egg that the zoo-keeper placed in their nest.  The egg hatches and there you go.  The first baby penquin to have 2 daddies.  I am disgusted that they put this junk in children's books.  What if Josiah was trying to read this book and I never knew what it was about.  At the end of the book there was a special page about how this was a true story and how Mother Nature really knows best and how that all kinds of love can create a family.  I am just upset at how this snuck in my house and was almost read to my kids.  It's out there ya'll.  I fear for our kids, especially in the public school system.  It's untelling what is in their textbooks everyday. 
DEAR GOD, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM THE EVIL IN THIS WORLD.  HELP 
US AS PARENTS TO TEACH THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG.




11 comments:

  1. OMW!! That is seriously HORRIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard about those books :( Absolutely AWFUL! Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet those penguins had a very clean and organized cave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly believe this...Dear God, please grant us mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would that be "Oh my goodness? Ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Tsk, tsk. Looks like there needs to be a soapbox sermon part 2. lol

      Delete
    2. lol please nooooo I'll never say it again

      Delete
  7. I wanted you to know that I tried twice to comment on this after you posted it and it didn't work. My comment was:

    OH. MY. WORD. This is SO disturbing! The song "Jesus Be A Fence" comes to mind! Be a fence around my children, Lord!

    ReplyDelete