Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Operation Potty Training

I have to say that so far my least favorite  part in parenting has to be potty training.  I loathe that task with every child so far.  My boys were all potty trained 3 months before they turned 3.  I was always happy with that.  I think if they were 3 already and still wasn't potty trained then I might be a little intimidated.  My problem with Amelia is that she is as big as some 4 yr olds.  So needless to say, I get some dirty looks by people as to say, "you haven't potty trained her yet?"  "What a sorry mom you must be."  This is wearing on my nerves being that she just hit the 2 1/2 mark.  I did try potty training her right after her 2nd birthday.  She did great for aweek and then she just quit.  She would cry so hard to wear her diapers instead ofpanties that she would throw up. So I just quit. Now we are on our 2nd week. I don't use pull-ups. They have never really helped my kids at all. It feels like a diaper so they forget about going to the potty. Christy gave me a huge back of panties and we have been going through them like crazy. I am proud to say we have had very few accidents. Well pee accidents, but she has not pooped in the potty not one time. Poop doesn't seem to bother her hanging around in a big clump in her panties. I also have to constantly ask her to go pee. She only has told me one time she had to pee and that was while we were out eating. I think she just wanted an excuse to get up from the table. I'm just getting aggravated. I wonder if she really don't get it or if she is a tad on the lazy side. So if you come over to my house and smell carpet cleaner, you'll know we are still not successful. I'm not quitting yet. I'm gonna have to buy depends for her too much longer. Size 6 is getting a bit small. I will keep you posted on Mommy vs Amelia!!

3 comments:

  1. Come on Amelia, you can do it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training is for the birds that is for sure. Avie is my earliest to pee on the potty for me. Most started around 15 months, but she has already gone dozens of times for me! Just a warning though.... girls are so much harder than boys! in my opinion. Kena was my oldest to train... and it was torture!!!! But trust me, how many 5-6 yr olds do you see walking around in diapers?????? None pretty much, she'll get it soon.....

    ReplyDelete