Tuesday, August 28, 2012

OPERATION POTTY TRAINING Pt 2.


If I'm not mistaken, this week makes our 5th week of potty training. Wow, such torture.  I know where every bathroom is located from here to E-town.  I can tell you which is the quickest bathroom to get to from any location.  I also know which bathrooms are clean and others not so much.  I know which bathrooms that are stocked with toilet paper and handsoap.  You would be suprised at how some public restrooms don't seem to mind the empty soap dispensers.  Amelia has done fabulous with the pee part.  She is doing so well that she even gets up in the night to go pee by herself.  This should be the part where I say we are diaper free.  In a way, we are because I'm not putting diapers on her or pull-ups, she is full-time wearing underwear.  But she will not and has not pooped in the potty yet.  Therefore, that explains the pics of the outhouse and porter potty because that is what my house smells like right now.  I am so sick of playing in poop.  I don't have her BM's routine down-pat yet.  I think I about know when it's time for her to go and then she don't go until a weird time when I least expect it.  Last week her and Titus were outside playing on the swingset.  Amelia came in and said, "I pooped."  So I told her to go on in the bathroom.  When I went in there I didn't see her poopy underwear anywhere.  So I asked her where they were and she said, "Outside."  I left her sitting on the toilet and went outside to find them.  Before I got out though I seen Titus in the kitchen with a trail of footprints behind him.  "TITUS, WHY DID YOU WEAR YOUR SHOES IN THE HOUSE?"  I immediately yanked his shoes off to smell what I already knew it was going to smell like.  Yep, poop.  I walked in the living-room and seen all the lovely poopy footprints leading to the front door.  As I looked down, when I opened the door, there at the front step was poopy underwear with poop balls (some smashed, some still intact) all over the front steps.  I had to drag out the carpet cleaner again.  I need help, ya'll.  I don't know what to do.  I don't want to use pull-ups because I'm afraid she will quit peeing in the potty.  Is she afraid?  Too lazy?  I don't know.  I've always heard boys were harder to train than girls, but so far I have to disagree.  Sugar Cookie tarts don't completely hide the smell of an outhouse, ya know!!  Any advice???

10 comments:

  1. Well this post helped me realize that I now have a new word that I hate..POOP BALLS! Now im just sick..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hate the word "turd", lol. Plus, I spared you by not saying "panties" a hundred times.

      Delete
    2. I did notice that and I very much appreciated that! Next time just stick with poo...wayyy better! lol

      Delete
  2. We *TRIED* potty training a few weeks ago and Chase flat out refused. Screamed. Cried. Tortured his Momma. So I gave up for a few months. Hopefully he'll be a little more enthusiastic when we try again :/

    All that to say, I am absolutely NO HELP. I can't even get my child to pee in the potty..much less poo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Potty training is for the birds.

      Delete
  3. Incentive chart in the bathroom. She gets a star for every time she pees and a big sticker when she poos. Go to the dollar tree and buy some things to reward her with! Then when she gets really good buy something for her of value 5 or 10 dollar baby maybe and that will be her graduation gift! It's worth a try! I did incentives with our boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used marshmallows when we first started. That worked great for pee, but the poo just ain't coming. As matter of fact, she is so tore up now she ain't pooed at all today.

      Delete
  4. She'll eventually get it....surely! LOL.
    If not buy her this Usborne book: Everybody Poops

    http://www.usbornebooksandmore.com/ecommerce/details.asp?sid=N0888&gid=147550767&ID=108891

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library has a book about a princess using the potty, but it was already checked out. I need to see if they have this one though.

      Delete
  5. Kari potty trained herself, honestly. With Malachi, we came to visit my mom and it was late one night when I remembered I forgot his diapers. I put big boy underwear on him and threatened him if he peed or pooped on himself. So...there. That's how I did it. HAHA!! Seriously...the Lord had mercy on me is all I can say. My kids have been so good with potty training and don't have accidents. I'm really no help with the idea thing cuz all I did was pray that God would spare me the drama.

    ReplyDelete