Monday, August 13, 2012



My first grader on his first day of school.  He was a little excited, but yet a tad anxious at the same time.  He isn't too happy about being gone the whole day.  Last year in Kindergarten they only went until 12.  He has a new teacher this year that he got to meet at open house last Friday.  He is a little worried about breaking a new teacher in, but I'm sure it won't take him long. Ha!  Ever since I explained to him about PE class this year he has accquired a new pain in his leg that keeps giving him trouble.  Even this morning he said, "If my leg hurts me during PE they might have to rush me to the nurses office if we had one, huh mom?" Ha  He is so dramatic and cracks me up.  He was excited when he realized his biggest buddies were all around him.  His new teacher has his desk right in the middle of all his buddies.  I just had to mention to her that I bet that wouldn't last long.  He has missed his friends this summer for sure.  I am excited that Maynard will be dropping and picking Josiah up alot this year.  His schedule has changed and it works out perfectly for us.  It will save us gas money and I won't have to wake up Titus and Amelia in the mornings.  Last year it was quite difficult getting 3 kids ready to go out the door to school and especially during the freezing weather.  Poor Titus was upset this morning when he woke up to find Josiah missing.  He ran in my room with his lip trembling, "Mom, I woke up and Josiah wasn't in his spot."  I consoled him and he said, "Well, can we go out to eat then?"  Ha ha!  Oh no! I hope I haven't taught my children to eat when they are feeling sad.  Well, it's going to be a long day.  I need to start the backhoe and get my house cleaned up from our weekend.
Let's all remember not to just pray for our students, but to also pray for the teachers and staff as well.  I am praying my little guy will get saved this year and maybe his teacher can help lead him.



7 comments:

  1. Awww! They grow up way too fast! Micah and Josiah will have stories to tell I am sure! I figure they will be wiped out from the whole day stay! You are right about praying for the staff as well as the students! A christian school is a huge blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog...I agree! We need to keep the teachers in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this made me laugh! I love that Titus wanted to go out to eat..Why is is that all of your kids act like me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know why they do either. For instance lets take sunday afternoon for an example: Amelia was throwing a fit at the resteraunt because she wanted to keep a sandwich toothpick in her mouth. She refused to leave so I just walked out, knowing she would follow. When she walked past the driver side she seen Maynard taking her picture. She stopped crying, posed and said "cheese". U immediately came to my mind. Ha ha.

      Delete
  4. so has the newness of school wore off yet? It has here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he still loves it. He even wakes me up before it's time to get up. However, he has lost 2 demerits for talking. Imagine that!

      Delete