Sunday, February 10, 2013

Challenge Day #10 "Girls only, plz"

My most embarrassing moment is..................... Oh, let me go through my files here. I have numerous embarrassing moments. As matter of fact, choosing only one has been quite difficult for me. I have laughed at myself just thinking about which moment I would choose. I decided not to use my kids as my embarrassing moments and just use one on myself. Otherwise the day Josiah puked on the man at Dixie Stampede would be the most horrifying experience of my life. I've been told I would laugh about it one day and this marks one year this week since it happened and I have yet to chuckle yet. Other than that, my most embarrassing moment would probably be when I had just given birth to Titus. Late one evening Titus was looking really yellow. Even his eyeballs were yellow. I called his dr and they told me to bring him on in to the hospital to have his jaundice levels checked. They pricked his little foot and we had to wait for the results. Titus was only 4 days old, and I was still recovering from my C-section. I was so swollen and miserable. It hit me that I needed to go to the bathroom. I started feeling really weird and having a lot of pressure. The nurses told me I had to go to the surgical waiting room to use the bathroom. I really wanted to go in my old room, but I guess they had it cleaned already. So, I left Maynard with the baby and headed to the bathroom. So I don't want to be gross or graphic here, but...........lol Ok, men, you may want to stop reading at this point. I felt like my insides were coming out of me by the time I got to the bathroom. I had passed the biggest blood clots I had ever seen in my life. I thought I was dying. I didn't know what to do. I threw my underclothes in the garbage. "What to do? What to do?" I didn't have a cell phone so I couldn't call Maynard. So, I cracked the door open just a tad and to the group of people in the waiting area, I said, "Excuse me? Can someone please go get me an ob nurse?" A man jumps up and takes off running. His wife screams, "NO, THE OTHER WAY." I am so embarrassed, but yet scared at the same time. I mean we are talking baseball size clots here, if not bigger. 2 nurses came running in and knocked on the door. I barely cracked it open and let them in. So here I am with 2 ob nurses in a one stall bathroom. I explained to them what was going on. I had to open the trash can lid to show them my soiled underwear. I knew they were gonna whisk me away in a wheel chair. But to my dismay, they said, "Awww, We wouldn't worry about it unless they are as big as softballs and then they left me there. I was a bloody mess. What was I gonna do. Then there was another knock on the door. Oh, great. People are waiting for the bathroom. Then I heard, "Amy, it's me." Maynard!!! I opened the door and said, "come here." Titus was fine and could go home. I explained to Maynard what was going on and how I was gonna need a favor. He was not prepared for what I was fixing to ask him. "Maynard, I need to borrow your underwear." "What?" "just until we get home, now drop 'em and hand 'em over. Of course, I had just had a baby, so his Fruit of the looms were not that big on me. LOL We got so tickled and I had a hard time showing my face to the people in the waiting area. We headed for home so I could shower and he could get him,some clean underwear to put back on. We still laugh about that day and its been over 5 yrs ago. Sorry if ya'll thought I was too graphic, but this was no doubt, one of the most embarrassing days of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I have NEVER met anyone like Amy P...NEVER! I lol....literally! I am still laughing at this post...and will be for a LONG time! Your life is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I have heard that story before it does not keep me from laughing again and again!!! I will never ever ever tell my most embarrassing moment online so you are a brave brave soul!!! LOL. But that's what makes your blog so interesting to read!!!!!

    ReplyDelete