Friday, February 1, 2013

Day #2 challenge

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. I am not a real fearful person normally. Things that probably should bother me don't. But I do have a few things that I am fearful of that may seem odd to some. #1 BIRDS! I hate animals that can fly or have beaks. Why? The only thing I can really think of is I remember being chased by a swan at Freeman's lake when I was little. The other time was when a wild bird flew in our house flying around all crazy. My sister Melissa slammed our bedroom door and broke it's neck. She became my hero after that. Ha Ha #2 CHOKING! My main fear as a mother has been my child choking to death on me. Now the fear is not only for my kids, but anyone that might be choking. I have been known to jerk up other people's kids because I thought they were choking. I can't really say what actually caused that to become a fear except the time my sister Christy entrusted to me to watch Kelsen for a little while when she was about a yr old. We were sitting outside on the swing when Kelsen put a leaf in her mouth and it went down her throat. She stopped breathing. My first response was to start hitting her on her back. But once again, Melissa told me to reach down and slide it out with my finger. I was so scared because I was afraid the leaf would break. Once again, Melissa saved the day. (Why is she included in all my fears so far? ha) #3 Frogs! I hate frogs. I mean they are just gross and creepy. Who needs to explain that any further. I never really liked them at all, but as young newlyweds, Maynard realized I was afraid of frogs and he chased me in the house with one. I locked my bedroom door and he slid it under the door somehow. Eww Eww!!! (Melissa was not there to save me obivously.) If some of you want to particpate, but don't have a blog, its super easy to start one or you can leave your answers in my comments. I would love to hear from ya'll. I feel like I have lost some readers during my blog bum there for awhile!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Even though my bathroom was decorated in frogs several years ago and I loved it, I hate the live frogs...I'm with ya on the frog fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So one might say that I'm kind of like your hero? Hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete