Thursday, February 21, 2013

Challenge Day #21

Congratulations are in order. I have been without a phone for the most part of the day. I kinda felt like I had lost a friend. However, you wouldn't believe the stuff I got done today. Ha! Anyways, I got a replacement phone today so hopefully things will be back to normal. I have tried to blog today, but had one technical trouble right after the other. We done been to revival and Steak and Shake and here it is going on midnight. Good thing Josiah doesn't have school tomorrow. He is waiting right here beside me asking what I am doing while he scratches all over. Yes scratching. Why? Why? Who knows? We've been through every virus know to man it seems lately. Now this child is covered in itchy welps. I'm waiting for the Benadryl to kick in and he will finally ease away to bed. Now, pray I don't have to give Titus any Benadryl because Lord forbid. That child gets the opposite effect and goes wild! It's so hard to stick to my challenge. There's stuff I want to talk about. You know like all our viruses and flu symptoms we have had all winter. But, this kinda brings me to my challenge topic today. Tonight, whatever. If I could have any superpower, what would it be and what would I do first with it? I have been thinking about this for several days now. At first I was gonna say cleaning my house with a twitch of my nose or zapping away cruel and evil people of the world and so on. But.......... this is what I came up with. Please don't take me wrong, I know I am not God nor am I pretending to be, but if I could have any superpower I would like to be able to "HEAL" the sick. My first stop would be a little visit to Bardstown and I would ask to see a precious boy named Peyton. Peyton is very special. He happens to be my little nephew. He is 5 yrs old and has some developemental delays. I don't know all the medical terminology they have diagnosed him with, but he is a very healthy boy. He is so funny and loving, but in a mischevious way too. He has this certain look where his face lights up and this grin spreads across his face that would melt anybody's heart. I would use my super power to heal that boy so he could have a normal life ahead of him. I would make it to where each day he would grasp on to a new concept and learn new things with confidence. I wouldn't want him to instantly become advanced to his age level, but just gradually becuase we have fell in love with him just the way he is! before too long he would be giving his big brother Cameron a run for his money!!! Then I would make a special trip to the local children's hospitals and walk through the hallways using my super power in every room. Mommys and Daddys would be signing discharge papers instead of surgery paperwork for their now well child. I am about to bust a gut here squalling and crying. I can't stand to see children suffer and be sick. Listen, we all know that in reality no one has "superpowers", but we do know a God that loves all the children even more than we could imagine. Jesus himself said, "Suffer not the children to come unto me and forbid them not for of such is the kingdon of Heaven. I don't know why kids have to be sick and face certain challenges, but God knows all about it and He knows what's best. That's it for today. I have been feeling so emotional here lately, Some of these challenge topics have really put me to thinking. Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. Whyyyy must u make a person bawl when they are getting ready to leave for work!! I must stop readin these challenges soon if u don't change ur ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! Maybe todays will be a lighter topic.

      Delete