Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Challenge Day #12

First I want to say that today is my 1 yr anniversary for my blog. I hope ya'll have enjoyed reading each post. Today's challenge is about my typical day. Typical? Does that mean normal? I will try my best to describe a normal day for us, even though they are quite rare it seems. How about a Monday morning? Not yesterday because, things got crazy. Here goes.... My alarm goes off at 7:15. I hit snooze 3 times until 7:30. Maynard usually has Josiah already up and in the bathroom. I get his lunch box out of the fridge and put it in his backpack. I help him get ready. Find him something quick for breakfast. Study his verses and get him and his Daddy out the door. On a good day, Titus and Amelia will still be sleeping and sometimes I get to go lay back down. It's the perfect time for devotions and a little extra snooze. Then I will get awoken by this:
They will ask me who my favorite is that day and Amelia will be asking/demanding for milk. I get up and get them some breakfast and I step on the scale. Then I call it a bunch of bad names and kick it back where it was. I will eat and then get started on my housework. The kids play pretty good together most days. I will stop cleaning around 12:30 to start on lunch. Usually by 1:30 I have made it to the kid's bedrooms and my goal is to have them done by 3:30 when Maynard and Josiah come back home. When they get in, I usually sit down on the couch a minute and go through Josiah's backpack to look for notes and his daily allotment of demerits. Sometimes I'll play a game of Pac Man with them on the playstation and then afterwards, I'll head to the kitchen to start supper. The radio will be turned on from 4-5 as I cook to listen to Your Story Hour and Adventures in Odessey. The smoke alarm will go off and the kids will gather around the table. Amelia and Titus will fight over setting the table. Josiah will ask if they can have pop tonight since they had water for lunch. Titus will ask why I didn't fix macaroni and cheese and Josiah will beg for me not to put peas on his plate. After we eat, Maynard will help clean the table, feed the dog scraps, and put dishes in the sink. I will try to finish up the dishes before the kids come back asking for a snack. I will then pack Josiah's lunch for the next day and iron his school uniform if I hadn't already ironed all of them earlier. I will see to it that Josiah does his homework and then it's bathtime. After their baths, I usually let them have a snack and then it's story time. I read 3 books to them every night. Amelia will be on my lap, and the boys on each side of me. I treasure this time with them. It's kinda sad that Josiah can pretty much read anything now. He was reading to Amelia and Titus the other day and I was like, "Oh, no. That's my job, Buddy." They will usually end up in a wrestling match in the floor with their Daddy. They won't be done until one is hurt and crying. They go on to bed and we pray with them and tuck them in. Then I head to bed and chase them back to their bed a few times until they finally drift off. I will usually play on my phone awhile while laying in bed and then I'm out too! Keep in mind this is a typical day with no suprises!! I don't want this to sound like I'm always busy because I do take several breaks during the day. Just being a wife and mommy is a busy job. Mondays are usually my busiest day of the week because I rarely do much on the weekend because who wants to clean when your husband and kids are all home??

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to your blog! It is a joy to peek into your crazy world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog Anniversary! Sounds pretty normal to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Anniversary :) Enjoyed the peek into your day. Sounds very similar to mine before I started working.

    ReplyDelete