Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Challenge Day #26

What is my love language? I googled Love Language just to see exactly what it meant. I mean I thought I knew and I was like ok, I'm probably not going to let everybody all up in my marriage business, ya know! What I found out was Love Language isn't necessarily meaning just between couples, but between everybody. What makes you react to other people? Makes you more of a likeable person. Like I said, I googled Love Language and came up with these 5 types. 1)Words of Affirmation-This is basically people who have to hear over and over that they are loved. They like to be praised and encouraged. It is also important how these words of endearment are given in order to be appreciated. 2)Quality Time-This is just making special time for each other whether it's going for a walk or out to dinner alone. It is very important to not have any distractions such as cell phones or the newspaper or whatver. Just one on one special time with each other. 3)Gifts-Money can't buy love, right? Well, in this case it sure does help. This type of person thinks gifts are important. It's not the gift that counts to them, but the thoughtfullness behind it. Like how much trouble did he spend on finding this item? How much thought was put into this gift? 4)Acts of service- Can vaccumming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! This type of person feels so special when some of their responsibilty of household chores is shared by someone completely unexpected. It let's them know they are appreciated. Also, laziness and a person making even bigger messes for them to have to clean up makes them feel unloved. 5)Physical Touch- I'm not talking about "you know what" here, but I'm talking about touchy people. You know the type that always wants to hug, or always is patting someone. Some people are just more touchier than other people. That's just how they show people they love and care for them. So, now I suppose you want to know what my love language is being that is today's topic? Let's go through the list: Words of Affirmation- Nope, not me! I'm not much on words. Sometimes the syrupy the words the more false they are in my opinion. Not always, but some people are smooth talkers. Quality Time-No, not really me either. Too much quality time smothers me. I am a loner and I like my space. I do enjoy spending time with my husband alone without the kids, and spending time with my family and friends, but not all the time. I just like being home with my family. Gifts-No, not me either. I do not know how to accept gifts. I feel really weird when people give me stuff. On the other hand, I tend to be a little picky on what I am given sometimes. It won't be about the actual gift, but kind of the thought behind it. It it was a rushed last minute gift with little meaning, then it will usually bother me and I wish it wouldn't. Acts of service-Oh yeah!!!!! This is me! You want me to love ya! Then take some responsibility off of me sometimes! Sometimes Maynard will just get up from the dinner table and immediately wash dishes. It catches me by suprise and I can't explain the feeling I feel. Sometimes he will put the kids to bed or he will have them dressed for church before I can get to them. That is definitely my love language. Makes me feel loved and appreciated for all the hard work I normally do. Kinda makes you ready to tackle the next load of laundry. Physical Touch-NO No No No No! Touchy people around me make my hands sweat. I like for people to be at least an arms length away. Why am I like this? Maybe it was the way I was raised. We just knew we loved each other and didn't really feel the need to express it by hugging or whatever. I am trying to do that differently with my children, but it still has effected how I react to other people. So ya'll want me to love you more? Come clean my house. But I have to clean it first before you get here. Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I made Kenny take this online Love Language test with me. Both our results were what we thought the other person was!

    ReplyDelete