Friday, February 8, 2013

Challenge Day #8

List 5 of my passions............. I have decided that I must not be a very passionate person because I really had a hard time with this one. My answers are probably lame, but it's with an honest heart. Here they are and in no order of importance. 1)Food! I am on a diet and food right now is consuming me. I go to bed thinking about food and wake up thinking about food.  The truth is that now that my food is portion controled, I savor every bite. 2)Sleep! I love my sleep. God knows I love my sleep so much that when my kids were babies they pretty much slept all night at around 4-6 wks. I have been blessed with good sleepers. They have been trained to nap on Sundays as well. 3)Holidays! I am very passionate about Holidays or special occasions. I try my best to make them special.  Mainly for my kids, but sometimes for others. It's easy for me to get frustrated though when I get an awesome idea to make things more exciting and I get all these fuddy-dud looks. 4)Christian Education. I am very thankful that Josiah gets to attend a private, christian school. And Lord willing, Titus will start Kindergarten there this fall. Yikes! It will be a sacrifice, but I know the Lord will help us as long as we are in his will. Our public school systems have become a scary place to entrust with the lives of our children. I am also thankful for the freedom to homeschool if that ever becomes a necessity in our home. 5)Sunday School. I love Sunday School. Not the adult class either. I want to be with the kiddos on Sunday morning. I can truly say Sunday School is a passion of mine. I enjoy teaching and making class fun while they learn about the bible. Can't stand when U send my kids to Sunday School and they are handed a coloring sheet and a cookie. We only have a few years with these children and let's teach them the love of God. My enjoyment comes when a little 3 yr old girl (Amelia) can tell you all about the birth of Jesus. Also, when 3 yr olds in prior classes of mine can quote the Lord's Prayer and all 10 plaques of Egypt. That's when I feel all my work is well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I love Sunday school too :) ... And food. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we have one thing on common, we love food!!

    ReplyDelete